Our standard Foundation and Extended Programs include the following appointments:
- Medical Consult (Initial Evaluation)
- "Meet Your Therapist" Psychotherapy Session
- Medical Check-in(s)
- Capstone Appointment
- Schedule your Medical Consult directly in the Innerwell Portal upon completing the patient onboarding process.
- This session allows your Psychiatric Clinician to get to know you, review relevant aspects of your medical and/or psychiatric history, and confirm the suitability of your treatment plan, in terms of both safety and clinical appropriateness. The consultation includes an informed consent process, ensuring you comprehend the risks, benefits, and alternatives to treatment at Innerwell. If you are approved to start treatment, your clinician will also tailor the dose of your first two ketamine experiences to your individual situation.
"Meet Your Therapist" Psychotherapy Session
- As a valuable component of our Foundation and Extended programs, you have the opportunity to engage with one of our licensed psychotherapists during your healing journey. While encouraged, scheduling this session is not mandatory for you to continue through the rest of your care program. Learn more about when to schedule this session here.
- In this initial session with your Therapist, you’ll review the reasons you’re seeking treatment at Innerwell, the program goals you’ve set for yourself, and relevant aspects of your mental health history. You may have already touched on some of these subjects with your Psychiatric Clinician, but you and your therapist will take a deeper dive into aspects of your life that can be explored during your ketamine sessions. Sharing details about your life with a therapist can feel daunting at times, and yet it’s one of the most powerful ways to process challenges and difficulties that you’ve faced. It also helps you develop greater inner strength and resiliency, enabling you to more easily manage stressful situations.
Medical Check-in #1
- After you complete first two ketamine experiences, schedule your first Medical Check-in with your Psychiatric Clinician.
- This is an opportunity to review in depth how you felt during your experiences. Your clinician will be interested to hear about notable psychedelic effects, bothersome side effects, changes in your symptoms, and anything else related to your experiences. They’ll also review your daily mood tracker with you, as well as your progress toward your treatment goals. Based on your discussion, your Psychiatric Clinician will tailor the dose for your next set of ketamine experiences to ensure safety and comfort while optimizing healing.
[Extended Program Only] Medical Check-ins #2 and 3
- If you purchase the Extended Program, you will have multiple medical check-in appointments. Schedule these when you complete your next six to eight sessions, typically on a weekly or twice weekly basis (the actual frequency will be recommended to you by your Psychiatric Clinician).
- When you've completed all of your medication, you'll be ready to schedule your final Capstone appointment.
- Once you're here, you'll want to take a moment to acknowledge the extraordinary amount of inner work you’ve done. Your Capstone Appointment with your Psychiatric Clinician is not only about seeing how far you’ve come, but also deciding where you’d like to go from here. During this appointment, you and your Psychiatric Clinician will review your treatment to determine the optimal maintenance plan (if indicated).
- Please be aware that our clinical protocol requires you to have seen your Psychiatric Clinician within 35 days before a prescription can be written. If you decide to purchase a Continued Care Program within 35 days of your Capstone Appointment, we'll be able to ship your medicine without interruption. After 35 days, you may need to have an additional Medical Check-in appointment with a Psychiatric Clinician before we can continue your care, which incurs an additional $200 fee.